By Betsy Crick
As part of our A Healthier State Initiative, DHEC is bringing the Palmetto Health Digital Mobile Mammography van to multiple DHEC locations for employees to be screened. The American Cancer Society recommends that women age 40 and older receive a mammogram every year.
Dates and locations:
- April 16 – Sims Aycock Building
- April 22 – Sims Aycock Building
- April 23 – Mills Jarrett Building
- April 27 – Hayne Building
Spaces are filling up quickly! You must pre-register for an appointment:
- By calling 803-296-8888 or 1-800-221-9724
- Or, register online at www.palmettohealth.org. Click “appointment,” complete all information, then you must click “pre-register” and complete all information. You will receive a call back with your appointment time.
You’ll need to bring your insurance card to your appointment. Insurance will be billed for anyone with any insurance plan. With the State Health Plan, mammography is covered for the following:
- Ages 40+ annually
- Ages 26-39 with a written doctor’s order (please contact insurance with billing questions if this is not your first mammogram)
Questions? Please contact Dianne Suber. To learn how to reduce your risk of breast cancer, please visit the DHEC website.