By Dan Burger, Director, DHEC Coastal Services Division
Photographers of all ages and levels of expertise are invited to participate in the annual photography contest sponsored by the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control.
The winning photo will appear on DHEC’s 2016 annual tide table poster, of which over 12,000 copies are produced and distributed.
DHEC is looking for coastal South Carolina scenes including marshes, beaches or wildlife. Click here to see the winning photo from last year’s Coastal Photography Contest.
• Horizontal orientation is required
• Color photographs and digital photos are accepted with a limit of 5 pictures per entry
• Digital photos should not exceed a total combined file size of four megabytes
• Printed photographs should not exceed 8.5″ x 11″
• All entries must be submitted between August 17 and September 17, 2015
The preferred method for entries is via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries may also be mailed to:
Coastal Photo Contest
S.C. DHEC – OCRM
1362 McMillan Avenue, Suite 400
Charleston, SC 29405
Mailed submissions will not be returned without a self-addressed stamped envelope provided by the contestant. The winner will be announced in November. For questions about the contest, please call (843) 953-9237.