DHEC’s Healthcare Quality would like to remind all nursing homes that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid’s (CMS) Civil Money Penalty Reinvestment (CMP) Program is an amazing funding opportunity to apply for that can provide aid and resources to nursing home facilities in South Carolina.
CMP funds may be used for, but not limited to, the following:
- Activities that protect or improve the quality of care or quality of life for residents
- Facility improvement initiatives, such as training or technical assistance
- Assistance to support and protect residents of a facility that closes or is decertified
- Culture change/quality of life
- Projects that support resident and family councils and other consumer involvement in assuring quality care in facilities
- Resident transition due to facility closure or downsizing
- COVID-19 specific funding for virtual technology, such as iPads and tablets
- COVID-19 specific funding for tents and shelters for outdoor visitation
More information regarding the CMP Program and its different application types, including COVID-19 Communicative Technology Funding and COVID-19 In-Person Visitation Aids Funding, is available in DHEC’sNursing Home Civil Money Penalty (CMP) Reinvestment Projects web page.
Contact CMPFunds@dhec.sc.gov with any questions regarding the program.